Pressure Caps

No Comments

Ever open a bottle of bubbly, not finish it and wonder how to close it up again? The cork that came out of the bottle usually mushrooms out and can’t be used again. If you put a regular wine cork in the bottle, the pressure within spits it out after a bit. What you need is a “pressure cap”. Usually made of metal, it’s a specially designed closer that has a plastic or rubber plug and arms or clamps that come down the sides to grip the lip of bottle, preventing the plug from being spit back out. Simply pull up the arms or clamps to reopen. Available at most stores that sell wine gadgets, it’s the only way to reclose a bottle of sparkles. For some reason though, I don’t seem to need one at my house.

Notify of